The Employers Guide to Hiring Freelancers and Managing Outsourced Projects
Hiring a freelancer and managing outsourced projects can be a nerve wracking experience. Nearly every employer who has outsourced work or hired a freelancer has had issues with missed deadlines, communication problems, or issues with the delivered work being very different from what was asked.
Filled with advice researched from over a thousand failed projects, The Employer’s Guide explains each of the steps involved in outsourcing a freelancer job site and the problems that are unique to each step. The last section of the book is devoted to common problems and how to prevent them.
Written by a technical arbitrator who specializes in freelance projects disputes, The Employer’s Guide teaches how to manage outsourced projects effectively. Learn to:
A failed project wastes time and money. By learning from other employer’s mistakes, you can easily and successfully manage freelance projects and help your business grow.
With this book, you will:
- Recognize bad freelancers before you hire them
- Write project summaries that will attract quality workers
- Prevent being scammed on oDesk, Elance, freelancer.com, and other freelance job sites
- Learn what to do when a contractor misses a deadline (and what not to do)
- Learn common problems and how to avoid them
- Give quality feedback when testing
- Avoid blackmail situations